IT'S one of the most famous family feuds in music history – the fallout of Liam and Noel Gallagher.
We have the FULL timeline of what happened to the Oasis bandmates…
Why did Noel and Liam Gallagher fall out?
Here is how the famous Gallagher brother feud has unfolded over the years:
- September 1994 – Noel temporally quit Oasis after Liam threw a tambourine at his brother.
- Summer 1995 – While recording (What’s The Story) Morning Glory in Wales, Liam brought a group of people back to the studio while Noel was trying to work – he responded by reportedly hitting his brother over the head with a cricket bat.
- August 1996 – Liam pulled out of their MTV Unplugged gig, leaving Noel to take the lead – Liam then watched from the audience and heckled his brother. Liam also failed to join them on their American tour.
- May 2000 – After another fight in Spain in which Liam questioned the legitimacy of Noel’s daughter Anais, Noel left the band for the second time. Although he returned, he didn't complete the last leg of their European tour.
- June 2005 – At the Heineken Jammin’ Festival in Italy, Liam left the stage during Champagne Supernova. In an interview with Spin magazine Noel said of his brother: “I’ve kind of learnt that instead of arguing stuff out with him and ending up in a fight, I work on his psychology and he’s completely freaked out by me now, He’s actually frightened to death of me.”
- April 2009 – In an interview with Q magazine, Noel made his notorious comment about Liam: "He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”
- August 2009 – Oasis were due to play at V Festival, but cancelled at the last minute as Liam reportedly had laryngitis. Noel claimed his brother was “hungover”, which later led Liam to take legal action. Noel apologised and the lawsuit was dropped.
- Late August 2009 – the big Oasis split. As the band prepared to go onstage at the Rock En Seine festival in Paris, an argument broke out, with Liam wielding Noel’s guitar around “like an axe”. The show was cancelled, along with the rest of the tour and Noel issued a statement: “It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.”
- July 2011 – Noel announced the release of the first, self titled album by his High Flying Birds. Liam’s response was “SHITBAG”.
- November 2015 – Following the news that Half The World Away was to be used in the Christmas John Lewis advert, Liam apparently calls his brother a “sell out”. But Liam’s camp issued a statement saying he said no such thing.
- June 2017 – Following the Manchester terror attack that saw 22 people killed, Liam slated Noel for not attending the tribute concert at Old Trafford. Noel’s camp responded by saying he was out of the country and had donated proceeds from Don’t Look Back In Anger to the fund for victims of the atrocity.
Will Noel and Liam make up?
There have been a few hints over the last six months that have suggested they could be about reconcil.
On December 19, 2017, Liam tweeted: "I wanna say Happy Xmas to team NG it's been a great year thanks for everything looking forward to seeing you tomorrow AS YOU WERE LG x"
Then on July 19, 2018, he also tweeted about an Oasis reunion: "Earth to noel listen up rkid I hear your doing gigs where people can't drink alcohol now that's the BeZarist thing you've done yet I forgive you now let's get the BIG O back together and stop f***ing about the drinks are on me LG x."
But will they ever be friends? Watch this space…
Source: Read Full Article