But is the movie finally returning for a sequel? Here's what we know so far…
When is Hocus Pocus 2 out in the UK? Who will be in the cast?
In October 2018 a movie poster began circulating promoting a Hocus Pocus 2.
Although this poster has been made by a fan, plans for a sequel have been talked about by Disney for some time.
Disney has been wanting to do one for a while, either as a regular release or Disney Channel film, but they haven't been able to make it happen.
Many of the cast from the orginal film have already shown an interest, but Bette Midler said she wouldn't be involved with the project if there were a proposed reboot of the film.
When did the original with Bette Midler come out?
The film is celebrating its 25th anniversary – it was released in the UK on October 29, 1993.
The plot of the film centres on the Sanderson Sisters returning from the dead 300 years after being hanged for witchcraft.
Their comeback to life is thanks to the combination of a spell spoken before their demise and the accidental actions of teenager Max.
The sisters then have just one night to secure their continuing existence and all they need to do is sacrifice the lives of local children, simple eh?
Who was in the original cast of Hocus Pocus?
The film had an all-star cast which included:
- Bette Midler as Winifred "Winnie" Sanderson – the buck-toothed oldest Sanderson sister and leader of the trio.
- Kathy Najimy as Mary Sanderson – the middle sister. She can smell children and hunts them down.
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah Sanderson – the youngest and most beautiful sister. She has the ability to entrance children with her siren-like singing.
- Omri Katz as Max Dennison – a teenager originally from LA who moves to Salem with his family. He is responsible for bringing back the Sanderson sisters 300 years later on Halloween night.
- Thora Birch as Dani Dennison – Max's spoiled 8-year-old sister.
- Vinessa Shaw as Allison Watts – Max's love interest and a wealthy native Salem resident, who forms a close bond with Dani.
- Sean Murray as Thackery Binx – originally a teenager from 1693. The witches transform him into an immortal cat, voiced by Jason Marsden.
- Doug Jones as Billy Butcherson, Winifred's lover and a zombie. He died on May 1, 1693 after Winifred found him sporting with her sister Sarah, poisoned him and sewed his mouth shut with a dull needle, so he couldn't tell her secrets, even in death.
Source: Read Full Article