STRICTLY Come Dancing's Anton du Beke has lifted the lid on how he looks so great at 56 years old.
Anton, who is now a judge on the BBC talent show, credits plenty of sleep and a lifestyle without booze and drugs for giving him a "good body".
The professional dancer also says his bod "works beautifully" thanks to his expert techniques in the ballroom.
Speaking on Winter Olympian Aimee Fuller's Monday Mile podcast, Anton said: "I’ve got a lucky body, I’ve been in good shape all my life. I’ve never been out of shape.
"I don’t smoke, I don’t drink – I don’t do anything like that.
"I eat well, I sleep well and I don’t suffer from any injuries. I've had a good body and I’ve looked after it.
READ MORE ON STRICTLY
Ex-Strictly pro slams judges for harsh scoring of Tony Adams’ sexy samba
Strictly’s Shirley Ballas accused of being SEXIST as fans want her SACKED
"It still works beautifully now. In that regard I’m lucky."
Anton has starred on Strictly Come Dancing as a pro dancer since the show began in 2004.
He had taken up dancing at 10 years old and began competing a few years later.
Earlier this year, Anton was confirmed as Bruno Tonioli's permanent replacement on the Strictly judging panel.
But despite working in showbiz for almost two decades, he has not touched a drop of alcohol since he was 18 years old.
Most read in TV
Strictly's Richie Anderson breaks down in tears during 'tense' It Takes Two interview
Dancing On Ice 2023 line-up revealed in full as final contestant named
Alexandra Burke in tears as she reveals why she hasn't shared baby's gender
Abbie Quinnen shares cryptic post after AJ Pritchard dumps her 'on park bench'
"I've never taken recreational drugs and I haven’t drunk since I was 18," he added to Aimee.
"I've always done the right things but have also had great fortune with my body. It hasn’t broken down.
"I have good techniques and don’t put my body in bad positions. I’ve listened to my body. "
Anton lives in Buckinghamshire with his wife Hannah. In March 2017, the couple welcomed twins – daughter Henrietta and son George.
The ballroom champ made his judging debut in 2020. He stood in for Motsi Mabuse for two weeks due to the covid pandemic.
In 2021, Anton sat as a judge for the entire series, as Bruno Tonioli was unable to fly back and forth to the UK from his home in the US due to flight restrictions.
Earlier this year, it was confirmed that Bruno would not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing for the 2022 series and was leaving after 18 years.
Anton was announced as his permanent replacement.
This week, it was also revealed that Anton will also making his judging debut on the official Strictly Live Arena Tour.
Read More on The Sun
Martin Lewis reveals way to calculate running cost of household appliances
My daughter’s been asking to dye her hair – I gave in but trolls slammed me
He will join fellow judges Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood when the show hits the road in the new year.
Anton said: "I'm so excited to join my fellow TV judges on the Strictly 2023 tour and have the chance to enjoy all the fun of the live experience with audiences around the UK."
Source: Read Full Article