The Sun On Sunday exclusively revealed the pair – who both have partners – had passionately kissed during a boozy night out.
Since the news came to light, it’s been confirmed that they will stay on the hit BBC dancing show.
In statements put out online, Katya – who is married to Strictly dancer Neil Jones – and Seann, who is dating actress Rebecca Humphries, issued grovelling apologies.
Professional dancer Katya said: “I’m so sorry about any offence or hurt I have caused with my actions.
“I wasn’t thinking and it was a one off mistake after some drinks.
What we know so far…
- Strictly's Seann Walsh and married dance partner Katya Jones were caught snogging in the street on Wednesday night (October 03, 2018).
- The comedian, 32, and pro star, 29, kissed outside a London pub on a night out, following weeks of flirting on and off the dancefloor.
- Pictures and video footage of the loved-up pair were exclusively revealed by The Sun.
- A witness said: “They were snogging like a pair of teenagers and didn’t seem to care who might see them.”
- Pro dancer Katya is married to Strictly choreographer Neil Jones, while comedian Seann is in a relationship with actress Rebecca Humphries.
- Katya's husband of five years has since broken his silence by posting a video to his Instagram account of his wife and her professional partner, but didn't mention the kiss.
- Rebecca liked a supportive post from Hollyoaks actress Kirsty-Leigh Porter, who has been through her own public heartbreak.
- Just hours before the pictures emerged, viewers watched Seann's girlfriend burst into tears as she became overcome with emotion at his performance with Katya on last night's show.
- 12million viewers tuned in to see the comedian perform a sexually charged paso doble with Katya — as his girlfriend of five years, believed to be cheering them on in the audience, was unaware of their kiss.
“I love my husband and we are very happy together, this is not a reflection on our relationship.”
Seann added: “In light of the story in today's newspaper I would like to offer my sincere apologies for my actions.
“This is no excuse but it was a one-off drunken mistake which I am truly sorry for.”
When the pictures were published by The Sun On Sunday, dancer Neil ignored the snog and continued like normal – even heading to work.
Rebecca however confirmed her upset on social media, liking a series of tweets condemning Seann and Katya’s behaviour.
Our exclusive pictures of Seann and Katya stunned fans of the BBC dancing show.
Many admitted they tuned in on Sunday night to see if they could spot tell-tale chemistry between the two.
Viewers also said they felt sad as they watched Neil and Katya dancing together, just hours before the news broke.
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Source: Read Full Article