Sex And The City’s Chris Noth ‘NOT under investigation at this point' for sexual assault after Peloton removes ad

SEX And The City star Chris Noth is “not under investigation at this point" for the sexual assault claims against him, police have revealed.

Just days after the premiere of the HBO Max reboot, the actor was accused of sexual miscount – including rape – by two different women. 


“There is no investigation at this point,” law enforcement told Deadline tonight of the claim by a woman that the Sex And The City star raped her in 2004.

The actor vehemently denied the allegations, including one of rape, which relate to reported incidents more than a decade ago.

Following the claims coming to light, Peloton removed an ad that went viral earlier this week starring Chris.

The commercial was a spoof of his death scene in the SATC reboot that had Ryan Reynolds doing the voiceover.

Earlier Thursday, news broke that a report had recently been filed with the LAPD about the allegations of 17 years ago.

Chris, 67, was accused of sexual assault by two women.

Most read in The Sun

GOOD KNIGHT

Hamilton could QUIT F1 after being left 'disillusioned' by Verstappen's victory

WELCOME TO THE WORLD

Boris Johnson and Carrie reveal touching name for their new baby girl

OMI-CROWN

Queen 'regretfully' CANCELS Christmas party with Royal Family over Omicron fears

LOCKDOWN BY STEALTH

Brits face ‘lockdown by backdoor’ as Omicron risks bringing UK to halt

The women, identified only as Zoe, 40, and Lily, 31, approached The Hollywood Reporter with the claims, separately.

The women – who do not know each other – said the recent promotion of HBO Max’s Sex and the City sequel series 'And Just Like That' stirred painful memories of the incidents, which they allege occurred in Los Angeles in 2004 and New York in 2015. 

Noth reprised his role of John James "Mr. Big" Preston, the love interest of Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), in the latest Sex and the City sequel.

Noth responded to the claims in a statement to THR: “The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false.

"These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual.

"It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women,” the actor added.

'BLINDSIDED'

A source revealed to The US Sun that Noth was "completely baffled and blindsided" by the allegation depicted in the report.

“Chris only knew the story was coming out a few days ago. He is completely baffled and blindsided. He’s absolutely appalled by these allegations, and very confused as to why they are surfacing now, so close to the reboot.

"There have been numerous opportunities when the movies came out, so he cannot get his head around the situation," the source added.

Lily, now a journalist, reached out to THR in August, saying: “I’m not sure how you go about this sort of story and how you find the other victims."

Zoe, who still works in the entertainment industry, contacted the outlet in October and said that "seeing that he [Noth] was reprising his role in Sex and the City set off something in me."

She added that for years she "buried" the experience but decided it was time “to try to go public with who he is.”



We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article