People tuning in to watch the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee concert have been showering comedian Lee Mack for the partygate dig he made off the cuff – which was witnessed by the Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Tonight, artists including Diana Ross, Queen, Craig David and Eurovision runner-up Sam Ryder are performing at the concert in honour of Queen Elizabeth II’s 70-year reign outside Buckingham Palace.
Near the start of the show, comedian Mack appeared on stage as a presenter, shortly after Queen delivered a rocking performance with Adam Lambert on the lead vocals.
At one point, he gestured to the grand Palace gates behind him, saying: ‘We are here right outside the gates of Buckingham Palace for a party of a lifetime.’
He then added: ‘And I tell you what, finally we can say the words party and gate and it’s a positive.’
As the crowd guffawed with laughter, Mack admitted that the joke was ad-libbed, stating: ‘That wasn’t in the autocue.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee 2022
Dust off your Union Jack bunting, Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee is well and truly upon us.
Taking place from Thursday, June 2, to Sunday, June 5, the celebrations mark Her Majesty’s record-breaking 70th year on the throne.
Across the UK, there will be street parties, concerts, and other special events attended by the Queen and senior members of the Royal Family.
- Queen shares new portrait and special message to nation for Platinum Jubilee
- 70 facts about the Queen to mark her 70 years on the throne
- Where to go in London to celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee bank holiday weekend
- Latest Jubilee weekend weather forecast
- Best Platinum Jubilee merchandise and where to buy
- When is the actual Platinum Jubilee day?
- Everything you need to know about the Platinum Jubilee Pageant
- Queen Elizabeth II’s best ever style moments through the years
Visit Metro.co.uk’s Platinum Jubilee page for all the latest updates.
Source: Read Full Article