Big Brother 11 and BB22 competitor Kevin Campbell attempted to cook french fries as part of his dinner after the seventh Power of Veto ceremony. He accidentally started a fire while doing so.
Kevin Campbell returned for ‘Big Brother 22’
In 2009, then 29-year-old California-based graphic designer Kevin Campbell competed on Big Brother 11 as part of the Off-Beats clique. He voted with the majority for most of the competition and didn’t see the nomination block until Week 7.
Kevin survived and became the outgoing Head of Household before getting nominated again in Week 9. However, he saved himself by winning a crucial Power of Veto competition, earning his way into the finale.
He then won the first part of the three-part final HOHs but lost the last one to eventual winner Jordan Lloyd, who cast the sole vote to evict him. The graphic designer placed third in the competition, the highest placement for an openly gay competitor at the time.
Likely due to his three comp wins and close finish in BB11, CBS invited Kevin back for their second All-Stars season.
Kevin Campbell has been nominated the most this season
Now 41-years-old and an ad agency executive, Kevin kicked the season off as a nominee. The majority alliance already decided they wanted to eliminate Keesha Smith because they perceived her as a number for house targets Janelle Pierzina and Kaysar Ridha.
Therefore, Kevin survived the block and aligned with Nicole Anthony. However, she became the next target and ended up going home. Two weeks later, then-HOH Dani Briones (formerly Donato) found herself aligned with everyone else except Kevin and David Alexander, so she nominated them.
The BB11 finalist’s only ally Da’Vonne Rogers saved him with a Power of Veto. However, the move proved fatal as the two found themselves on the block together the following week. Kevin has been nominated four times this season, the most out of any BB22 houseguest.
Kevin Campbell caused a fire while cooking french fries
A few hours after the Week 7 Power of Veto ceremony, Kevin began cooking french fries as part of his dinner. However, the boiling water began bubbling over more rapidly than he expected, so he tried to move the pot from the stovetop burner.
When the nominee slid the pot over, the steam built up and quickly erupted into a small fire that nearly burned his arm. Dani saw from the bathroom and yelled at someone to grab at a fire extinguisher before the Live Feeds cut and displayed stars with the BB theme music.
Once they returned, the houseguests discussed the incident. They noted that Cody Calafiore began reading the instructions on the extinguisher before Memphis Garrett grabbed it from him and sprayed it on the fire.
A similar incident happened most recently in BB20 when Sam Bledsoe put out a small fire that sparked in the oven. Big Brother 22: All-Stars airs Sundays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST on CBS.
Follow Tamara Grant on Twitter.
Source: Read Full Article