The National Television Awards (NTA’s) take place tonight at 7:30pm on ITV. The ceremony will take place at The O2 in London and will be hosted by comedian and author, David Walliams. Ant and Dec will be making their return to the NTA carpet after missing the ceremony last year.
How many times have Ant and Dec won NTA awards?
Ant and Dec have won 39 NTA awards in total since the awards ceremony began in 2001.
In 2009, there were no NTA awards but that has not stopped Ant and Dec from winning at least one or two awards every year.
Since the NTA’s were launched, the duo has won the award for Most Popular Entertainment/ TV Presenter, each year, a record-breaking 18 times.
Tonight, Ant and Dec are hoping to win the award for the 19th year in a row.
They are up against The Chase’s Bradley Walsh, Graham Norton, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield for best TV presenter.
READ MORE Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong speaks out on ‘£31m divorce pay out’
- Ant and Dec secure 19TH best presenter NTAs nomination
At Ladbrokes, Ant and Dec are at odds of 1/10 to win the award for the 19th year in a row.
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “It seems almost inevitable these days that Ant & Dec claim the Best Presenter gong and this year is certainly no different, with the pair’s odds at record lows for yet another win.”
Ladbrokes odds for the NTA Best TV Presenter are:
- Ant & Dec – 1/10
- Holly Willoughby – 8/1
- Phillip Schofield – 12/1
- Bradley Walsh – 18/1
- Graham Norton – 25/1
In 2019, Ant and Dec were shocked to win Most Popular TV Presenter, after Ant McPartlin had to step down from presenting duties in 2018.
He took one year off following a drink-driving conviction and to focus on his rehabilitation.
Holly Willoughby stepped in to present I’m A Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here! while Dec presented Britain’s Got Talent 2018 final without Ant.
Over the past 19 years, Ant and Dec have won Most Popular Reality Programme for I’m A Celebrity…Get Me out of Here! three times.
The show has also won the Most Popular Entertainment Programme award five times.
Jacqueline Jossa admits I’m A Celebrity has been ‘turning point’
I’m A Celebrity 2019 winner: Who won I’m A Celebrity?
Ant and Dec: Cosmetic dentistry – expert claims pair have veneers
Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway has won the award for Most Popular Entertainment Programme four times and for hosting pop idol, they won the same award in 2002.
In 2018, the duo won The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award for Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, an award named after the legendary TV presenter who passed away in 2017.
Last year, they won the award once again but this time around for I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
Ant and Dec have won the sPecial Recognition Award, the Most popular Quiz Programme and Landmark Award once.
You can watch the NTA Awards from on ITV and the ITV Hub.
The awards ceremony will air from 7:30pm until 10pm.
Don’t worry, if you happen to miss the ceremony you can catch up on the ITV Hub after the ceremony has ended.
- Andrea McLean: Loose Women star stuns in scarlet for NTAs
Who are the NTA 2020 nominees?
The NTA’s will last for two and a half hours with 13 awards being handed out during the ceremony.
Here is a complete list of all of the award categories and the nominees:
- Ant & Dec
- Bradley Walsh
- Graham Norton
- Holly Willoughby
- Phillip Schofield
- Call The Midwife
- Killing Eve
- Line Of Duty
- Peaky Blinders
- A Confession
- Cleaning Up
- Gentleman Jack
- The Capture
- Cillian Murphy, Thomas Shelby,
- Peaky Blinders Idris Elba,
- DCI John Luther, Luther
- Jodie Comer, Villanelle, Killing Eve
- Michael Stevenson, Iain Dean, Casualty
- Suranne Jones, Anne Lister, Gentleman Jack
- Coronation Street
Serial Drama Performance
- Danny Dyer, Mick Carter, EastEnders
- Danny Miller, Aaron Dingle, Emmerdale
- Gregory Finnegan, James Nightingale, Hollyoaks
- Katie McGlynn, Sinead Tinker, Coronation Street
- Love Island
- The Apprentice
- The Circle
- The Great British Bake Off
- Gordon, Gino And Fred: Road Trip
- Jesy Nelson: ‘Odd One Out’
- Paul O’Grady: For The Love Of Dogs
- Britain’s Got Talent
- Dancing On Ice
- Strictly Come Dancing
- The Voice UK
- David Walliams, Britain’s Got Talent, Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions
- RuPaul, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- Simon Cowell, Britain’s Got Talent, Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions, The X Factor: Celebrity
- Sir Tom Jones, The Voice UK
- Will.i.am, The Voice UK, The Voice Kids
The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award
- I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- The Chase
- The Graham Norton Show
- Imran Adams, Mitchell Deveraux, Hollyoaks
- Jurell Carter, Nate Robinson, Emmerdale
- Max Bowden, Ben Mitchell, EastEnders
- Peter Ash, Paul Foreman, Coronation Street
Live Magazine Show
- Good Morning Britain
- Loose Women
- Sunday Brunch
- This Morning
The NTA’s air at 7:30pm on ITV
Source: Read Full Article