Spice Girls’ Mel C brands X-rated unreleased song a ‘pile of s**t’ as it emerges

The Spice Girls have been left mortified after an unreleased song featuring an X-rated title was uploaded on to the internet this week following a security breach.

The iconic girl group consisting of Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Melanie C, Geri Horner and Emma Bunton were hit with a security blunder as their ancient track, C. U. Next Tuesday, which was written and recorded 27 years ago, landed on the internet this week.

The term is slang for a four-letter expletive, which is in stark contrast to the squeaky-clean image the band portrayed during their heyday.

It is thought that the unwanted song was recorded for their debut album Spice, but the group refused to have it on the record.

The band released their album Spice25 last year in celebration of their debut albums 25th anniversary.

The album featured unreleased demos and remixes but the unsuitably named track still did not make the cut even as a bonus track.

It is a mystery as to how the song appeared online, however, the five-piece are not willing to put much energy into tracking down the culprit.

A music insider told The Sun: "The Spice Girls are all at a very different place in their lives now than they were when this song was first written as a tongue-in-cheek track in the Nineties.

"It is obviously a bit embarrassing given the cringeworthy title, as they wouldn’t use the c-word in their own lives. It is a bit of a mystery how on earth it has got out but they aren’t going to dwell on it.

"The group have other projects they are looking forward to in 2023 so are focusing on them and hoping this song — which they were never particularly fond of — is forgotten."

Mel C is voiced her fury at even the thought of having the song in the band's greatest hits collection.

She said: "C.U. Next Tuesday was never used because it’s a pile of s***. It would be a big rip-off if Virgin put it on a greatest hits album now."

Sporty Spice had upset some of her fans in Poland after abruptly pulling the plug on her New Year gig earlier this week. The 48-year-old musician was due to take to the stage for the Polish state broadcaster on New Year's Eve.

However, she has since decided not to attend the event – citing Poland’s attitudes to the LGBTQ+ community as the trigger.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

READ NEXT:

  • Mel C was nearly 'kicked out' of Spice Girls after bust-up with Victoria Beckham
  • Spice Girls star Geri Horner's wild love life – David Walliams and Duncan James flings
  • Spice Girl Mel B takes brutal swipe at ITV Holly and Phil's 'queue jump' ordeal

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post ‘Nanny’: Read The Screenplay For Nikyatu Jusu’s Sundance Horror Breakout
Next post Madonna wows in green ensemble as she puts on leggy display for photoshoot