One Direction: Niall Horan gives PERSONAL update following Zayn Malik news

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

One Direction truly devastated their fans when they announced the band were splitting up in 2016. After being together for six years, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan revealed they were bringing the fun to an end. The split came just a year after Zayn Malik’s tumultuous exit from the band, which occurred halfway through a world tour.

Since then, each of the band members have gone on to create their own solo careers.

The latest record from the former Directioners was earlier this year, when Horan released his second album, Heartbreak Weather.

Although the young star was up against the world-changing situation of the pandemic, he managed to achieve number one in both UK and Ireland.

The album also debuted at number four in the US Billboard Top 100, with sales exceeding 59,000.

It has been quite a big year for the former 1D stars, as just last month Malik announced the birth of his first child, with partner Gigi Hadid.

Horan recently appeared on Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp to comment on Malik’s incredible news.

The Slow Hands singer said: “It is mad to think. I remember when we were all 16, 17 – babies. And now there’s three dads!”

Malik will be the third member of the band to have announced the birth of a child, following Tomlinson, and Payne.

Upon whether he had congratulated Malik, Horan told Kemp: “Yeah, I sent a message actually, just recently, to congratulate him. It’s an amazing thing, it’s such an amazing thing for Zayn and Gigi.”

Horan was then quizzed about whether he would be the next member from the band starting a family.

The Nice To Meet Ya singer was keen to set the record straight, as he laughed before saying: “Nope!”

While it doesn’t look like Horan will be having a baby anytime soon, he did recently announce a surprise gig.

DON’T MISS…
One Direction fans think Harry Styles named band with TV show help [NEWS]
One Direction reunion: NEW album likely in 2021 after reunion rumours [INFO]
One Direction reunion: Anniversary success COULD reunite band members [THEORY]

The star posted on his Twitter account earlier this week that he was holding a gig for his crew, who have been put out of work due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

He wrote: “I’m sooo happy to share that I’ll be playing a special one-off livestream show from London’s legendary @RoyalAlbertHall on Nov 7!”

The 27-year-old added: “All profits will be shared between my touring crew and the #weneedcrew relief fund. Tickets go on sale this Friday Oct 16.”

He later spoke out about why he was doing this for his close friends and employees.

Speaking to the BBC he said his crew had been hit hardest by the pandemic.

Horan said: “My stage manager is working on a building site currently, a couple of lads are working in Tesco and Sainsbury’s.

“If there’s no touring, they don’t have a job. They’ve been left behind.”

He added: “Horan added: “Our crew members are the ones that have basically been forgotten about. Furlough doesn’t touch them – and they are the ones who have mortgages and families and homes and lives to pay for [but] they haven’t got any funds to do so.”

Source: Read Full Article