'Descendants 3' Premiere EVent Canceled After Cameron Boyce's Death

Disney will instead make a donation to clean water charity, Thirst Project

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

Disney Channel has canceled the premiere event for “Descendants 3” following actor Cameron Boyce’s death, and will instead donate to a charity Boyce supported, the network said Thursday.

“We’re proud to be part of Cameron Boyce’s legacy by showcasing his talents on screen, but we are cancelling the red carpet premiere event for “Descendants 3” (scheduled for July 22) and instead, The Walt Disney Company will make a donation to the Thirst Project, a philanthropic organization to which Cameron was deeply committed,” the network said in a statement.

Boyce, a Disney mainstay, starred in the series of “Descendants” films as Carlos, the son of Cruella de Vil. The Friday, Aug. 2 premiere telecast of “Descendants 3” will be dedicated to his memory.

Boyce died in his sleep earlier this week from a seizure related to an ongoing medical condition, according to his family. He was 20.

“From a young age, Cameron Boyce dreamed of sharing his extraordinary artistic talents with the world. As a young man, he was fueled by a strong desire to make a difference in peoples’ lives through his humanitarian work,” Disney Channel said in an earlier statement. “He was an incredibly talented performer, a remarkably caring and thoughtful person and, above all else, he was a loving and dedicated son, brother, grandson and friend.”

In addition to “Descendants,” Boyce is best known for starring opposite Debby Ryan in the 2011 comedy “Jessie,” which ran for four seasons on Disney Channel. He had also recently been cast in the HBO pilot “Mrs. Fletcher,” starring Kathryn Hahn.

Source: Read Full Article